VOLUNTEERS NEEDED at Check In/Check Out Table – Sign-Up Below!
We appreciate everyone coming together to support the pool and our wonderful community. We are looking for a few volunteers who can help check people in and out. We are looking for adults to check people in – and middle or high school student(s) for the check out desk. If your student needs SSL hours, the check-out desk is a great opportunity for them to get started! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0949aba628abfe3-mctsa
(Saturday, June 27) Due to a small fire at the front desk, the pool opening today is delayed. We believe the computer at the front desk short circuited. The fire department is on site cleaning it up. No one was injured, we just need time to clean it up and get set up for entry. The gates will be closed until 1:30pm. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you would like to call and find out if the pool is reopened – please call or text Laura Reese 301.580.1992
If you are interested in joining Mill Creek Towne pool this year and would like to set up a time to tour the pool – please contact 301-685-0795.
(June 21, 2020) Thank you to all who attended the General Membership meeting in person and via Zoom. It was great to be back at the pool! We are thrilled to announce Mill Creek Towne pool will open beginning Saturday June 27!
To start, the pool hours will be:*
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 12pm -8pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 1pm – 6pm
Monday & Tuesday – Closed
*Pending final sign-off with Georgetown Aquatics, our pool management company. The open hours may expand if more members join and funds increase.
Important Note: For now, the baby pool will be closed per the Montgomery County Department of Health & Human Services Guidelines. The gate to the baby pool will be locked.
According to the Montgomery County Guidelines, we can accommodate 165 patrons within the gates, but with our limited budget and staff we are only allowed 75 at this time so that we can keep the limit to 50 swimmers in the water.
At this time, we will require advanced sign up for holidays but not general pool time. If the attendance rises above our occupancy restrictions, a system may need to be set up.
Online reservations will need to be made for use of the lap lanes. Details to follow.
Signing In At Front Desk:
Signing in using your MCT pool pass will be strictly enforced. And in order to monitor daily capacity, each member will be required to sign in and sign out at each visit.
Swim & Dive:
Swim & Dive team will host practices. More information is available on the Swimtopia website [mctsa.swimtopia.com]
*You must first be a full member of the pool in order to join Swim & Dive team.
If you have not paid your dues yet, you can still do so. If you opted for the Covid Only payment and would like to bump up to the Full Membership – you may do so by emailing email@example.com and making arrangements to pay the difference.
Please familiarize yourself with the below pool rules which will be prominently posted at the pool.
– Snack bar, grills, playground equipment, and baby pool will be closed during Phase 2
– Pavilion will remain open for shade
– Picnic tables in pavilion will be available – Use at your own risk
– You are responsible for wiping down the surface before and after use with self-provided cleaners
– Restrooms and showers will be open. However, it is recommended to use the bathroom before you leave home. Limit bathroom use as it is an enclosed space, & no congregating in bathrooms
– No chairs, tables or umbrellas will be set out during Phase 2
– Bring your own chair and tents will be allowed for shade
– It is recommended to stay 6 feet apart from members outside your household
– According to Montgomery County Guidelines; “Patrons should wear face coverings when interacting with staff or other individuals not from their household.”
– Therefore, each member must wear a mask when entering and exiting the pool
– Members must sign a liability waiver prior to using the pool
– Due to County guidelines, members are not permitted to bring Guests. This may change in the next phase, stay tuned for details
– No socials or party rentals
– No Lost & Found (items will be discarded at the end of each day)
– No balls will provided by the pool, you may bring one of your own to use at your own risk and may be shared at your discretion only with those that are comfortable with sharing
– No Swim Lessons offered during Phase 2
– Parents (not lifeguards) will be responsible for ensuring their children remain 6 feet apart from others outside their household
– Pool grounds will be set up with approximately 54 pods outlining a 10’x10’ space, 6 feet apart
– Members of your group or those you are comfortable with may use your pod, but please respect those who don’t want others in their space
The Portal to Pay Your 2020 Dues Is Now Open
To pay your 2020 dues:
1. Log on to eSoft Planner – Click here to go to the Membership Database
2. Select your membership level.
3. Select to pay online (3% credit card fee will be added) or mail your check to MCTSA PO Box 5603 Derwood, MD 20855
4. Tell a friend about what a great place MCT is.
Initiation Fee Payment Plans
To lessen the initial 1st year expense of joining the pool, we are now allowing the initiation fee ($525) to be spread out over multiple years. When you join the pool, you can opt to pay the one-time initiation fee in installments over 1-4 years. For complete details on membership types and fees, click here to go to the Membership Page. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Membership Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees and Dues for 2020
Membership fees (for existing members) paid before May 1, 2020 will be at the regular rate.
Fees paid on or after May 1, 2020 will be assessed a $25 late.
New Family Membership – $550
Full Family Membership – $550 +$100 assessment
Two – person Membership – $440 + $50 assessment
Single membership – $320 + $50 assessment
Senior membership – $320
Associate Membership – $640 (1st year) $692.50 (2nd year)
Nanny/Granny – $80
Inactive Fee – $75
One time Initiation Fee ($525 if paid in 1 year, $550 if paid in 2 years, 575 if paid in 3 years, 600 if paid in 4 years)
We offer no Initiation Fee Memberships to Active Duty Military Personnel
2020 Pool Board
President – Joni Mackesy
Vice-President – Jon Edgar
Treasurer – Roman Drews
Secretary – Laura Reese
Directors – Kerry Drews, Jon Lockard, Guy Federico, Marian Van Pelt, Mary Moore
Join MCTSA! Interested in joining our pool? For complete information see the Membership page or contact us by email: email@example.com